Next Shoot Preparation
June 7, 2013 § Leave a comment
With the next shoot possibly being the last, I want to get it right. Combining elements of each previous video and paying close attention to narrative and flow, this is a breakdown of the action. A kind of script. You will have to excuse the often wanky language and accessional sarcasm.
- Becky stands there, puts head back and breaths deep, expelling the air emphatically as she returns her head to normal, opening her eyes.
- Looks bottom right, in reflective thought. Play with mouth expression.
- Looks other ways, almost surveying her environment, filled with anxiety and excitement.
- SLOW turn around, very slow look back (no hair flick). Looks ahead to where she about to run.
- Takes one step, then another. Taking in the (very) cold air in, still anxious/curious.
- quickly becomes empowered by new-found motion, begins jogging. The jogging somehow is a defiance, picking up pace and confidence.
- gets to road. becomes very anxious, worried.
- Look left down road. Look down at road. wondering, daring.
- Face overcome with utter determination. Plant foot down on road.
- Plants next foot down, next. Walks slowly but with determination.
- Suddenly breaks out into all out sprint.
- Determination, hurting, determination, lets out scream.
- Under to much strain, she falters. Head down. (3:24)
- Snaps head back up to look down road. Reburst of energy Sprinting. – not sure how to take that out to about 3:40
- Thinking about shooting a few scenes around Fyshwick.
- Utter determination, Jumps. Throws flower. This is her great relief.
- Lands. falters and the to kerb. Bury’s head in lap.
- Takes shoes off, feet are bleeding.
- looks up, person is standing near her.
- perplexed, she slowly gets up, physically struggling.
- Person takes a few steps down the road, looking at the girl.
- She takes a few steps, curious.
- Looks down road and understands, looks back at person. They share a moment of understanding – SUBTLE nod from girl.
- She looks back down road, squares her body to it. closer her eyes and drops her head.
- Looks up, heaves in a massive amount of air and with one final burst of energy, takes two quick steps and leaps into air.